- Identify, locate, review and interpret relevant medical records, hospital policies and procedures, other essential documents and tangible items.
- Organize, tab and paginate medical records for easy reference.
- Summarize, translate and interpret medical records.
- Prepare chronologies of the medical events involved in a case.
- Screen cases for merit.
- Identify, locate, summarize and interpret applicable standards of care.
- Identify adherences to and deviations from the applicable standards of care.
- Identify causation issues, assess damages/injuries and identify contributing factors.
- Identify and recommend potential defendants.
- Identify issues of tampering with the medical records.
- Develop written reports for the attorney's use as study tools.
Support the Attorney's Case
- Research and summarize medical and nursing literature and integrate results of your search into case analysis.
- Analyze the validity of research studies relied on by all parties.
- Coordinate and attend independent medical examinations.
Serve as the Attorney's Liaison
- Interview plaintiff and defense clients, key witnesses and experts.
- Consult with healthcare providers.
- Meet with other consultants and service providers on the attorney's behalf.
Work with Experts and Other Witnesses
- Identify, locate and interface with testifying experts needed for the case.
- Communicate with appropriate expert witnesses for deposition and trial.
- Analyze and compare testifying experts' reports and other work product.
- Help prepare witnesses and experts for deposition and trial.
Assist with Discovery and Preparation for Court
- Prepare questions for deposition or trial examination (direct or cross).
- Prepare interrogatories and requests for production.
- Analyze and summarize depositions and past testimony.
- Assist with exhibit preparation and other demonstrative evidence.
- Assist in resolution of cases through alternative dispute resolution, such as arbitration and mediation.
We offer our consulting services to attorneys, insurance companies, government agencies, private corporations, and hospitals.
Contact Fidelity Legal Nurse Consulting at 973-863-2301 for additional information.